Directions and location
how to reach the hotel by car:
- National Highway ‘A2’ Basel-St.Gotthard-Chiasso
- Exit 'Lugano-Sud'
- Follow direction ‘Lugano-Lago’ and ‘Lugano-centro’
- Once on the lake-side road, you will find us on your left-hand-side after the 'LAC-Lugano-Arte-e-Cultura'-round-about
- You can stop on the semi-pedestrian square (Piazza Luini) in front of the hotel and then park in the hotel private indoor parking or in the public indoor parkings in the immediate vicinity.
During week-ends and festive days the lakeside promenade in front of the hotel is pedestrianized. The access to our garage will be allowed by the police officer on duty at the barrier. Advise him about your hotel-reservation and ask for permission to pass.
how to reach the hotel by public transport:
The train station is around 800 m from the hotel; for guests who are travelling light, our hotel is a pleasant 10- to 15-minute stroll away through the old town.
If travelling with luggage and as an alternative to the taxis on stand-by 24 hrs, we recommend taking bus number 4 from outside the station towards "Lugano-Centro" to the stop "Piazza Luini", which is right in front of the hotel; travel time is around 6 minutes.
The "funicolare" (cable railway) takes you from the train station to the city centre (Piazza Cioccaro). From there walk through the old town, along Via Pessina and Via Nassa, to reach our hotel in just 5 minutes.
- Airport Lugano-Agno (10 Km)
As an alternative to the taxis on stand-by 24 hrs, we recommend the airport-shuttle
- Airport Milano-Malpensa, Italy (70 Km) train line TiLo S-50